14. Real or Artificial Tree – Real for sure. There is nothing that beats the smell of fresh pine. A few years ago I even picked up a couple of spare branches to take home and put in my Jeep. My mom was less than pleased when she saw the needles all over the floor 🙂
15. Best gift you have given – That’s a tough one because it depends on how it is received by the recipient. I could think it’s a fabulous gift and the recipient might not be as excited. I think the calendars and photo books I have made through Shutterfly have been hits. Also anything that really meets their personality.
16. Hardest person to buy for? – Dad. End of story and he knows it.
17. Old Christmas Cards – I have picked out this years because it’s pretty darn cool, last years and then one my sister and I made. Meghan and I started making our own because we had so many funny pictures we wanted to use and my dad wouldn’t let us put them in the family card. Sometimes I like the candid pictures better 🙂
18. When do you open gifts? – PJ’s on Christmas eve but most other surprises on Christmas morning. Although it could be 10:30 or later because we have to run, shower, get dressed back into PJ’s, finish making the cinnamon rolls, etc. It also allows my mom and dad to sleep in a bit (I have issues with sleeping in) 😦
19. Favorite Stocking Stuffer – It’s always a surprise but socks and fun post-its usually make an appearance. Mostly the necessities… deodorant, etc. You get the idea. I could use some bobby pins though 😉 For some reason I have a habit of losing 1-3 per day.
20. Favorite Christmas Meal – Hm, well I really enjoy the breakfast part 1 (cinnamon rolls or something sweet) during presents. I’m not a fan of the later breakfast (not sure why we have it) because I don’t really like bacon or hash browns. Then we have a huge dinner at my grandparents, which usually is quite good and ends up including roast beef and Nancy’s favorite rolls. I wouldn’t mind having popovers sometime. Maybe Meghan and I will make those this weekend.
Also, I made some excellent peppermint and butterscotch cookies, recipes to follow shortly 🙂
“Be bold. If you’re going to make an error, make a doozey, and don’t be afraid to hit the ball.” – Billie Jean King