By now I am sure millions of people have created their 2013 New Year’s Resolutions to lose weight, become a better person, join a gym, spend less money, etc. Well, I would like to create some goals that I can actually keep and by writing them down (quite publicly at that), I think I will be more inclined to keep them. After all, all those magazines do recommend sharing them with someone. I’m not sure they had in mind the entire world wide web, but that’s another thing. Welcome to the Millennial Generation.
I’ve picked up some ideas from other bloggers including Hayley, Sarah, and Alex (my go-to reads) and hope this year will be a positive one. (Dare I say productive? That’s just a Kaitlin thing to do) 🙂
1. Don’t sweat the small stuff or as my aunt likes to say, “Be like a duck and let it roll off”
2. Participate in at least two triathlons, one half marathon, and three road races. (Hmmmm better find a good half to do, any suggestions?)
3. Expand my blog (not sure how, but I hope to engage in a greater blogging community and try to follow a wide variety of bloggers…maybe even pick up some new “blends”)
4. Try to vary your recipes and be open to sampling new foods. Hopefully this will fit inside my college budget 🙂
5. Try to meet more people and spend time expanding friendships. Don’t always judge a book by its cover. It’s amazing how people will surprise you.
6. Step out of my comfort zone and “Do one thing every day that scares you” – Eleanor Roosevelt
“I think in terms of the day’s resolutions, not the year’s.”
– Henry Moore