Remember all those chain emails we used to receive? Open, read, and send to 100 people and you will have good luck for the rest of your life? Well, I used to save some of the quirky ones, the sentimental ones, meaningful ones. I bookmarked this one in particular my aunt had sent me a few years back. Sure, it’s rare if I ever read the email again, but I thought I’d share this with everyone today 🙂
HOW TO STAY YOUNG
1. Try everything twice.
On one woman’s tombstone she said she wanted this epitaph: “Tried
everything twice. Loved it both times!”
Remember! Lost time can never be found.
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
(Keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches!)
3. Keep learning:
Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever…
Never let the brain get idle. ‘An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.’
And the devil’s name is Alzheimer’s!
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if
you have a friend who makes you laugh. Spend lots and lots of time with
6. The tears happen: Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who
is with us our entire life, is ourselves. LIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love: whether it’s family, pets,
keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever.
Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health:
If it is good, preserve it.
If it is unstable, improve it.
If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don’t take guilt trips..
Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county, to a foreign country,
but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
11. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second
chance. Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Did you ever participate in these emails? Have a terrific Tuesday!