As the countdown continues, I’ve dug up a few more deep thoughts about my time at Santa Clara and some tips. Now, I realized these tips not only serve those entering college, but really could be considered life tips. So take note 😉
– Thank the people in the coffee shops and cafeterias. Better yet, start to make friends with them. Who knows, maybe they will remember your coffee order the next time 😉 perks
– Get involved early on. Sure, school is about academics and learning, but you need to make time for breaks and it helps you meet new people.
– Be open to new experiences –> don’t discount someone as a friend just because they are different from you
– It’s never too late to make a change. For some reason I think my senior year was my best year here at Santa Clara. I took some of my favorite classes, was open to meeting new people, and took a more positive outlook on life. It may have also had to do with finding support in the blogging community, but that’s a story for another day.
– That being said, learn to go with the flow. This was and is tough for someone who over-thinks about everything. I was probably too eager of a freshman to make friends and probably scared off a good amount of people 😉 Just kidding, but I did find that life was easier when I started to go with the flow and ignore my “schedule”