Sometimes it’s the little things in life that bring the most pleasure.
- Hearing my favorite songs on Pandora while running
- Catching up with a good friend from college (sometimes talking on the phone is so much better than just a few texts! Goodness knows we share so much more 🙂 )
- Eating breakfast out (waffles, eggs, guava juice…too many choices)
- Organizing my room, closet, pantry, and pretty much anything else I can wiggle my way into. If I don’t figure out my future any time soon, I’ll start making business cards for “personal organizing,” although I may already do that on the side.
- Going to my first Dodger game of the season (So excited to see Puig and the crew)
- Watching a new episode of the Newsroom (and then anticipating next week’s Newsroom & Bachelorette – great combo, I know)
- Spending a day at the beach with one of your best friends
- Striking success in the kitchen
I’m hoping that the next few days will enable me to be more productive, but who knows. Knowing me, I’ll probably get distracted by our yard sale preparations or another interesting recipe.
But, amidst my efforts, I’ve found a nice way to start the weekend. That would be with a smoothie, perfect for any point in the day – breakfast with a little spinach (extra oomph, right?), part of lunch, an afternoon snack, or even a beverage with an added punch to relax in the evening.
1 cup coconut milk (or coconut water)
1/2 cup frozen peach (1/2 frozen peach does just as well)
1/2 banana (frozen = better)
1 scoop vanilla protein
6 ice cubes
optional: handful spinach, topped with shredded coconut
- Place ingredients in a blender and blend away. Pour into a glass, top with coconut, imagine you are on a tropical island and sip away.
What are some of the little things that make you happy? Have a wonderful weekend.
“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust