Yesterday was an absolute success. My grandma was a hoot up at the outlets. She is always so much fun to be around because she can make us laugh at just about anything. She has also been a huge supporter of me and my career decision. I really have to thank my mom for being my personal shopper and finding a number of clutch outfits for work in the fall. Basically JCREW = the best store ever but who in the world created skinny pants? Obviously they didn’t consult us runners for what would look good, but that’s another story.
Before I ramble on too much more, let’s dive into today’s sweet treat post. I’ll be off to the beach with a few girlfriends (the ones from breakfast yesterday 🙂 and wanted to leave you with this tasty find. I mean, chocolate + cheesecake? Where could you ever go wrong? My mom, sister, and I were on a Pinterest kick, looking for recipes to make that would satisfy a party’s sweet tooth but were different from the generic chocolate chip cookies. Really, there is only so many times you can have the Tollhouse recipe at an event.
We made these this past weekend for a Claremont get-together and I also brought them over to a friends house where they were quickly devoured. They even got a two-thumbs up from the man who rarely indulges in dessert. I’ve got some ideas of how to spruce them up, alter the recipe and maybe even “healthify” it if you are ever so interested. But for now, in all its glory, let me present the Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bar. The picture below is not my own, I admit. It, along with the recipe was created by the lovely Brandys Baking.
Recipe and photo credit goes to this lovely blogger here.
I didn’t do too much alteration, but have listed the recipe below anyways:
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
~12 servings (depending on how large/small you cut them)
Time: about 20 minutes to prepare + 30 minutes baking and 2+ hours chill time
- 1.5-2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tbsp butter (melted)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
- 5 tbsp butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 ts pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2. Combine the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs into the baking tin. Set in the oven for about 6 minutes.
3. While the tin is in the oven, mix up the cookie dough. Combine the butter, sugars, salt & vanilla. Slowly add in the flour and then the chocolate chips. It will appear like little pebbles, so don’t worry.
4. Create the cream cheese layer and fold on top of the graham cracker crust.
5. Take bits of the cookie dough and either crumble it on top of the cream cheese layer or create small balls of dough and set on top.
6. Set in the oven for about 30 minutes or until it has set. Allow the tin to cool and then place in the fridge until you are ready to cut and serve. (Must chill for at least 2 hours but best if it’s left overnight)