Who is ready for weekend? Any fun plans? We are hosting a fiesta for my dad’s coworkers on Saturday and dropping my sister’s stuff at college on Sunday. I was nominated by the lovely Sweat Often Live Happy for the Liebster Award and it’s always great to hear from different bloggers and browse the different sites. I highly recommend checking her page out! Here we go with some fun facts and random answers.
Curious about the award? It recognizes blogs that have less than two hundred followers. Once nominated, the blogger fills out a fun survey before passing this award onto eleven more blogs they think should be acknowledged.
After receiving the nomination, the blogger must:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger;
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself;
3. Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you;
4. List 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers (as best as you can tell based on the info provided!). They should be bloggers that you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer; and
6. Let all of the bloggers know that they’ve been nominated. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
Random Facts About Myself:
1. I’m a Dodgers fan born and raised. None of this bandwagon business. There are pictures of me as a baby at the Ravine, so I will support my boys in blue through thick and thin 🙂
2. I have a strange habit of splitting a banana in half and then using a spoon to eat it. This makes for lots of fun when you add peanut butter or nut butter to the mix (or nutella or jam or yogurt)
3. I have a dog named Bodie (who I like to include in my posts) and we named him after the ghost town Bodie, which is located near Mammoth Lakes.
4. I could eat grilled vegetables every night for dinner without fail. My latest favorites include squash and carrots but I’m always a sucker for eggplant.
5. I have run 6 half marathons. Originally last October I was training for my first full (Nike Women’s in SF) but strained a muscle in my right quad and so training was reduced 😦 I did end up running the half, which was still a blast!
6. I’m not a huge fan of most alcoholic selections (especially beer, must be the smell) but do love Cava or anything bubbly (thanks Barcelona) 🙂
7. We are an avid golf family. Gentlemen only? I don’t think so.
8. I have a huge celebrity crush on Seth Myers, mostly because he is hilarious. Too bad he is getting married. Criteria for future relationships, he must make me laugh. 😉
9. I have lived in California my entire life, yet people think I have a Chicago accent. I recently was told that I have a Southern accent. Hm, that would be fun to trick people with.
10. I love long walks on the beach. No, really. I love going to the beach but really enjoy jogging along the water and looking for sea glass.
Questions from Katie:
1. What is your favorite music to listen to when working out? – I love listening to Pandora because I have about 6 stations I rotate through. I tend to listen to Train Radio, Pop Hits from 2000’s, Today’s Hits
2. Why did you start your blog? – My first blog was to share my time in Barcelona. About 7 months later I decided to start this to share my love for cooking, baking, and exploring the best in life. It’s evolved since then and I know it will continue to in the future 🙂
3. Do you have any fitness goals for this year? – While I don’t have anything in the works, I would love to sign up for another half marathon. Also I’m looking forward to exploring new fitness classes such as spin, pilates, and more when I’m in New York.
4. What is your favorite thing to wear? – I’ve always loved tank tops with Nike shorts but I am a full on addict to my Lululemon shorts and new Lulu tank. So DARN COMFY!
5. Is there anything you wish you could change about yourself? – Being too critical of myself. Every day won’t be perfect and we just have to learn from our mistakes and make the most out of experiences. You may think this is cheesy, but I remind myself of this daily.
6. What is/was your favorite subject in school? – Funny story about this. So I was trying out for the Tournament of Roses Queen & Court and was asked this question. The theme of the parade was “Humor” so I thought I would be ok answering with “Lunch”. I got some laughs but didn’t get asked back to the next round. Oops. In college I really enjoyed my marketing classes (hence why I was a marketing major) as well as my class on happiness. It was truly enlightening and I recommend checking out Stumbling Upon Happiness by Dan Gilbert.
7. What/who motivates you? – I would definitely say my family and best friend Laura. Beyond that, I’m motivated by the desire to be fit and healthy for my entire life, be able to work out how I want, feel good daily, and be happy with myself.
8. What is your favorite type of food? – Grilled vegetables
9. What are 3 things on your bucket list? – Skydive, live in another state,
10. Are you craving anything right now? – sparkling water and bedtime
11. What is your favorite holiday? – I like the fall holidays because of all the festive recipes and decorations. (PUMPKIN THE WORLD!…get ready, I’m coming at you soon with so many pumpkin recipes) I also love how these holidays encourage gatherings by friends and families. I also love the Fourth of July because I adore summer and there is no materialism associated with this time.
Lucky Liebster Bloggers:
1. Brittany at DulcieVie
2. Julianna at JuliannaBanana
3. Julie at Julie Goes Healthy
4. Alex at Cookie Dough Katzen
5. Kim at Racing Bananas
6. Aurora at Fitness is Sweet
7. Brittany at Delights & Delectables
8. Becks at Eat Write Run Repeat
9. Ang at Nutty for Life
10. Morganne at Nut Butter Runner
11. Cait at Piece of Cait
My Questions for You:
1. If you could live anywhere in the country (or world) where would it be? Even if it was for just a short period of time.
2. What’s your favorite form of exercise?
3. What is something you have learned from blogging?
4. Favorite family recipe or family dish?
5. Introvert or extrovert?
6. Best way to spend a Saturday?
7. Three things on your bucket list? (such a good question)
8. Current television show obsession?
9. Dream job?
10. Why did you start your blog?
11. What is one tip for other bloggers out there? (Creation, maintaining it, promotion, etc.)
Pick a question or two and let me know your answers!
“Happiness is different from pleasure. Happiness has something to do with struggling and enduring and accomplishing.” – George Sheehan