Another week accomplished and my oh my it’s the beginning of November! Hopefully everyone enjoyed their Halloween last night 🙂 That or are excited for their festivities tonight and tomorrow. Just like college, Halloween seems to extend into a weeklong celebration. What a better way to start it off than with some of my favorite things.
- Carving pumpkins at work. This doesn’t happen everyday and I’m sure doesn’t happen at any other company, but it sure was a blast. Some of the people got really (and I mean REALLY) into it.
- Encountering a piece of history. Well, that is if you consider a piece of Banksy art history. I mentioned a couple weeks ago that the artist Banksy is distributing a piece of art each day in October. He leaves a line about where it’s located and it’s up to instagram followers to determine the exact location. I was walking home from the gym around 7:30pm and happened to see a bunch of people lined up outside a furniture store. Just my lucky day!
- Random Throw Back Music – A couple weeks ago my coworkers told me about this new phone app and website called Songza, which is considered the latest music concierge. It allows you to select a mix of music based upon the time of day and activity you are doing. For example, if it’s a Tuesday morning, you may be working out, waking up, commuting, or starting the workday. Sure enough, they provide a medley of options for each one of these activities.
For the past few years I’ve been a hard core Pandora user but have been a little frustrated with their selection of songs, the fact they repeat so many of the songs, and the inability to fast forward through most of them. I have a huge case of music ADD so it can make for a very frustrating run.
There was one time my friends told me that real runners run without music. I looked at him and said I don’t care, I have to get through the next 5 miles in the heat, 4 miles uphill at 2am, and 5 miles tomorrow so if I want to listen to music, I will and there will be no judgement. This was during my first Ragnar Relay in Utah, so I needed all the help I could get.
I don’t really know what my favorite type of music is, I just know that my favorite band is Train and I enjoy running to songs with a good beat. I don’t discriminate against Brittany Spears and was totally loving this throwback selection on Songza.
- Sweet treats – Found this on Facebook. What are Ben & Jerry up to??? It might certainly be worth a splurge this weekend if I find someone to help me finish it 🙂
- Friends who agree to your random adventures – From free yoga to artichoke pizza, we are quite the classy bunch out here.
Have a great weekend and enjoy your fall!
“I just kept on doing what everyone starts out doing. The real question is, why did other people stop?” – William Stafford