Welcome to Friday and to my first storm of the new year in New York. I’ve been a little low on post inspiration, probably due to my brain being on vacation. I’m sure I could have worked a bit harder to share my finds from my California vacation a couple weeks ago, but that didn’t happen. However I stumbled across a fun questionnaire posted by one of my favorite bloggers Cori from her lovely blog, Olive to Run. So, without further ado, let’s get our fitness on.
- Would you rather run in a thunderstorm or a snowstorm?
Wow, since I was spoiled and grew up in Southern California, the only “bad” weather I ran in was rain. Mom wouldn’t really allow us out in torrential downpour but there were a couple times it arrived unexpectedly. As a fair weather soul, I would rather a warm rainstorm than snowstorm 🙂 And no wind please.
- Would you rather breathe through your nose or breathe through your mouth? I am going to select nose as that’s what I seem to be doing right now. I do both. As a child I was always stuffed up and breathed through my mouth. I didn’t realize that wasn’t exactly normal. I find that I revert back to mouth breathing when I’m working out. Hello dry mouth.
- 3. Would you rather do 100 squats or 100 crunches? [Now take a break and go do them. ;)] Probably 100 squats. Let’s just say I don’t need any more muscle going to my quads, although squats on the daily make for a tight rear and seeing that summer is around the corner (relatively), it’s time to get back to work
- Would you rather have a baked good for dessert or an extra serving of your favorite entree? Baked good 🙂 I love my sweets. In high school, we would splurge once in a while for pancakes post long run and usually celebrate our races with frozen yogurt.
- Would you rather run on a treadmill for an hour or run around the same street block for an hour? I despise the treadmill but if there’s a TV involved, this might make it better. Might. However, the blocks in my hometown are quite long, so I’d probably choose street block.
- Would you rather have a headache during a run or a side stitch? Boy oh boy, either would be brutal. I guess I’d go for headache and hopefully I can run it out or pick a song to pound it out.
- Would you rather have a rest day on a work day or a day off? Definitely rest on a work day. There are days when I can’t get enough sleep before work, so taking it easy makes sense. When I don’t have work, I love to be outside and working out makes for a happy Kaitlin.
- Would you rather be a race director or a race volunteer? Probably a race director because I love to organize things. I’ve never volunteered at a race but think I would be jealous of all the people running. I’m going to give it a whirl and volunteer for the New York Road Runners and see how that pans out. Who knows, maybe soon enough I’ll be directing them 😉
- Would you rather spend your money on running gadgets [HRM, GPS watch, Headphones] or running shoes? I probably spend more money on running clothes than anything but shoes are just as necessary.
- Would you rather run in a relay or do the run portion of a distance triathlon?Although it was brutal, I loved running in the Ragnar Wasatch Back Relays in Utah. I participated about three or four different times and while it was painful, the outcome was rewarding.
Share the love! How would you respond?