If anyone ever started a conversation like this, I’m pretty sure I’d laugh and walk away. However, in a fun and social setting, it makes for great conversation. I have settled into a routine where I pick up a daily newspaper in the subway, check my horoscope in the morning and sometimes attempt the crossword at night. Oh aren’t I the most social 22-year old you’ve ever met?
What’s funny is horoscopes can be pretty accurate. Maybe I’m just a sucker for the daily paragraph of wit and faux fortune, or maybe the stars-alignment thing really does work. Anyways, in a fit of boredom I looked up some aspects of my horoscope, the lovely Taurus, and found myself chuckling the whole time. Yep, it was dead on.
April 20-May 20
- Mascot: Bull, therefore we can be bull-headed and stubborn
- Pretty Things: Yes, we like good-looking things in our home, clothes, etc. While this may seem like materialism, it can be considered another form of beauty. According to the oh-so-wonderful Huffington Post – “Comfortable living and working space is important to Taurus, along with nice linens, clothing, food and music.”
- Interest in a Taurus bracelet? Wink wink …
- Strengths: persistence, stability, loyalty, and dogged determination. Bulls want to get the job done so don’t stand in our way 🙂
- Maintain Harmony: We bulls value harmony, so we will work hard and do what it takes to make sure of that.
This bit I found on Taurus strength was absolutely perfect and probably explains my love for working out – “Seeing as how Bulls are generally strong and well-built, it’s no surprise that these folks enjoy testing their strength on the field of play. Expect to find a Bull engaged in a spirited game of hoops or mountain climbing.”
Our biggest strength? The sensible outlook we have on life.
If you are in the mood for something more educational or intellectual, check out this personality test. It’s also strangely accurate as I am ENFJ (see below) but please, never start the conversation with that.
- Charismatic and eloquent – genuinely interested in other people and radiate authenticity, concern and altruism – not surprisingly, those who surround the ENFJ usually find them very inspiring and likeable.
- Intuitive – They find it easy to sense other people’s motives and find connections between seemingly unrelated events. ENFJs also tend to be quite good at analyzing their own feelings and questioning them if necessary.
Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself 🙂