It was a good attempt at a catchy title. Ok, it was a terrible one but I digress. If I haven’t told the world in awhile, I simply LOVE asking and answering random questions so when I saw my inbox flood with posts titled “39 Questions”, I knew I had to write one of my own. Thanks to A Piece of Cait and Blonde Ambition as you two were the two that finally got me to write it 😉
1. Were you named after anyone? – “Kaitlin” was a top ’90s name for girls but it was partly inspired by my aunt Katie. “K” for the win! 🙂 My middle name is after my great-grandma and I definitely think some of her personality shines through – at least based on the stories I hear about her.
2. When was the last time you cried? Does running in 5F Wednesday count?
3. Do you like your handwriting? Yes indeed I do. Not to brag buuut I get a lot of compliments on my handwriting and my notes 🙂
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Goodness it’s been ages since I ordered a lunch meat sandwich. Grilled chicken is my go to but if I’m going extra big, it’s the Godmother from Bay Cities Deli in Santa Monica – complete with every lunch meat imaginable.
5. Do you have kids? Oh no, no, no. This girl can’t handle herself let alone children.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? I sure hope so. I tend to think I’m pretty easy going (at least I’ve reached that point in my life…sorry if you knew me when I was super high-strung), spontaneous, and positive. I will not bat an eye if you ask me to be friends when we meet for the first time. Oh wait, that’s what I would say to people if it weren’t so weird 😉
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Oh yes. It’s my favorite.
8. Do you still have your tonsils? – Yep, only have had my wisdom teeth removed and I looked like one chubby chipmunk. Not fun.
9. Would you bungee jump? – Adrenaline junkie so YES.
10. What is your favorite cereal? – I don’t really like cereal because it doesn’t fill me up buuuut Trader Joe’s has some tasty wheat flakes with oat clusters that I tend to snack on when I’m at my grandma’s. Maybe I’ll treat myself to a box next time I brave TJ’s.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? – Yes. OCD issue and even if I take them off first, I end up un-doing the laces afterwards.
12. Do you think you are strong? – I do think I’ve grown a ton in the last few months in terms of physical and mental strength. It takes a lot to move across the country and start from scratch, meanwhile trying to find your identity and establish a life. In terms of physical strength, I’ve been taking more strength classes and do feel a lot stronger. (Insert muscle emoji)
13. What is your favorite ice cream? – ICE CREAM ALL DAY EVERY DAY. Mint chip (used to hate it) as a classic, coffee with fudge, really anything with chocolate chunks. I’m never picky.
14. What is the first thing you notice about other people? – Their thinking face/energy. Smiling, happy, unhappy, bored, ticked off – whatever it may be I think people are fascinating to watch and make up stories about what they do for a living, why they are wearing such an outfit and so on.
15. Red or pink? Red for fierce (and Santa Clara and USC)
16. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? – Oh this thing called insecurities. About life, social, body, you know the usual 😉 Don’t we all struggle with it at some point or another?
17. Any tattoos? – Nope. Doubt this would ever happen. So not worth it. I do have a cartilage piercing I got in Barcelona. What a rebel 😉
18. Do you have any hobbies? – Oh doooo I. Blogging, baking, crafting, adventuring, working out, running, eating, sewing, scrapbooking, should I go on?
19. What color shoes are you wearing? – None as I prefer barefoot > shoes in the house.
20. What was the last thing you ate? – Banana bread sent to me by my grandmother 🙂 It was wrapped in the most adorable manner with foil and red hearts but I was so excited I forgot to take a picture.
21. What are you listening to right now? – My air purifier and the Olympics on my lap top. Last time I checked we are on figure skating and Les Mis is the song of choice.
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? – Some form of turquoise – bright, tropical, and fabulous.
23. Favorite smells? – Pine (my favorite part of the winter holidays) and tropical flowers such as plumerias. Oh, and the OCEAN!
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? – My mom (twice).
25. Mountain hideaway or beach house? – Tough because being in the mountains means fresh air, escape from reality, no cellphone signals, tranquility. But I’m also happiest on the sand. Good thing about California is you can have both 🙂
26. Favorite sport to watch? – Soccer although I can watch just about anything. It’s great for background noise while I work.
27. Hair color? BLONDE! Forever and always 🙂 I never have had my hair highlighted professionally, but have started using “Sun-in” on my own. Yes I know it damages my hair but there’s no way I’m paying for someone to do it and I am not losing my California color.
28. Eye color? Blue
29. Do you wear contacts? Nope, just reading glasses when I remember and when I have the right prescription.
30. Scary movies or happy endings? – Happy but not sappy.
31. Last movie you watched? – That Awkward Moment. Made me laugh but also roll my eyes at our generation of girls and guys.
32. What color shirt are you wearing? – Blue
33. Summer or winter? Summer
34. Hugs or kisses? – Probably more of a hug person.
35. Computer or television? Computer = television
36. What book are you reading right now? – Mary Poppins, She Wrote: The Life of P.L. Travers
37. What’s on your mouse pad? – They still make those? Just kidding 😉 Don’t have one.
38. What color is your house? – Home home has green shingles and here in NYC we have classic red brick.
39. What color is your car? White 🙂 Actually in the possession of my sister at the moment since driving + NYC = disaster.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.”
– Miles Davis