I sure hope you have had a s’more at some point in your life. Whether it’s camping with scouts, your family, over the grill or even in the microwave – it’s a classic. Well, I was brainstorming what treat to make for my coworkers one week and I considered doing a re-mix of the classic Rice Krispies treat. All I would have to do is throw any type of cereal in a pot with some marshmallows and butter and then viola a tasty treat creation.
I started to think of popular flavors and who doesn’t love chocolate and marshmallow? I mean, everyone seems to be creating a product surrounding the graham cracker + marshmallow + chocolate combination.
So, onto Pinterest I went and debated the amount of effort I wanted to put into the process. Gaging by the fact that I was starting this around 9:50pm, I was ready for a quick and simple recipe. Not so much in the mood or mindset to create fudge or roast marshmallows under the broiler (which wouldn’t have taken much time anyways). The end result was quite a success and I have my coworkers to thank for their honest feedback. They loved it. It was such a hit that I’ve gotten multiple requests to make them again.
Simple S’Mores Treats
1/2 box of Graham Crackers (about 1.5 packages within the box)
1 bag chocolate chips
1 bag marshmallows
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
1. Place butter in a pot on the stove (around medium-high). As the butter begins to melt, add in the marshmallows.
2. Once the marshmallows have practically melted, add in crushed graham crackers. You can crush before hand or crush in the package.
3. Stir completely into marshmallow mixture.
4. Remove pot from the flame and turn off stove. Dump entire bag of chocolate chips into pot and give a couple quick stirs.
5. Pour mixture into a lightly greased pan (coconut oil spray is my friend in these scenarios) and spread evenly.
6. Place in the fridge for about 1 hour or overnight. When ready to serve, take out and slice into small squares.
Since it’s filled with an entire bag of chocolate chips, they can be quite rich, so small squares should suffice. Although, if you are a chocoholic like myself and my coworkers, go ahead and divide as you please.
Go ahead. Take a stab at it and who knows, maybe you’ll be so obsessed you will be craving s’more. 😉