TGIF. Enough said, right? Work went a bit longer than I would have liked with all the training we have been going through. Then, with not so much sleep this week, I made excellent dinner decisions – Subway baked BBQ chips, Subway cookies shoveled in my mouth after encountering a stressful work assignment, and beer/Harry Potter shot with my coworkers afterwork. Great training fuel, right?
Well, today I have the day off and am stoked to get some writing, crafting, baking, and exploring accomplished. That is, after a 6:28am workout with November Project – NYC. We attempted to work out at Rock Center but some security guards were not too enthused with our “unionizing” and blocking the walkways. So, instead of spending the day in jail, we proceeded to run around the center and keep an eye on any potential police activity.
Lindsay and I plan to make today all about fall. From searching out the perfect fall and winter decor to baking our fair share of pumpkin items 🙂 We’ve been bouncing from blog to blog and there’s oh so much to choose from. Our first stop is at Chobani to check out the seasonal favorite (featuring pumpkin of course) 🙂
- Pumpkin food finds –> Recipes here, recipes there, recipes recipes everywhere. One of my favorite consolidated pumpkin partays right over at my buddy Nicole’s home (Fit Fluential)
Pumpkin Banana Bread (By CA Endless Summer)
Smashing Pumpkin Granola (By the Fit Fork)
Pumpkin Mac & Cheese (By CA Endless Summer)
Single Serving Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls (By Imma Eat That)
Pumpkin Spice Granola (By CA Endless Summer)
Barley Risotto w/ Kale & Butternut Squash (or Pumpkin) (By Mountain Mama Cooks)
Because using an actual planner is more fun than my iphone + one million pieces of paper lists (not to mention it’s absolutely adorable)
- Some more work perks 🙂 This time I had the opportunity to take a trapeze class and while I may not be quitting my day job, I had a darn good time. Still rocking the bruised knees, but it was so worth it!
- Listening to CNN’s Michaela Pereira during Stop Bullying Week. The discussion seemed to focus a lot on the physical element of bullying, but unfortunately there is so much more out there.
- Views like this make waking up early worth it. Sure, by the end of the week I’m like a zombie, but it’s worth it. Trust me, check out the list of tribes here. The enthusiasm, the fun we have together in/outside of workouts, the inspiration behind everyone’s training. I’m right at home.
- I even wrangled my friends into coming with me one morning. I guess I forgot to tell them about the core exercises we sometimes do and they were a tad bit sore for the next few days (week). But they still love me (I hope) 🙂
Have a fabulous fall weekend