How about some cookie butter to start the day? There is such thing as the breakfast cookie or Speculoos Baked Oatmeal. But that’s not where I’m going with this post. Sunday I said goodbye to Meghan and goodbye to my four-week long break. Yesterday marked the beginning of our winter quarter and I thought I’d celebrate with a cookie butter recipe. We had countless options from the internet (bars, biscottis, blondies, and snacking cake), but selected cookies. I mean, who doesn’t love the combination of butterscotch, chocolate, and oatmeal?
We have been busy busy busy around here. As mentioned in my earlier post, yesterday was the last day of break. It should be a tough quarter but I don’t plan on spending 100% of my quarter in the library. I am going to really try to study hard, but practice balance. Wish me luck 😉
Well, I guess you could say I am in the bay or at least Northern California. Meghan and I made our way up the 101 yesterday and have been exploring some of Northern California’s greatest today. Before I touch upon this morning’s adventures, let me note that if you are driving north and have time, TAKE THE 101! Goodness gracious me, it’s loads better than the 5. Continue reading
Well, my holiday break has officially begun! Stay tuned for this weekend’s adventures when I post about them on Wednesday 🙂 Continue reading
Since absolutely nothing intriguing will be occurring today (besides the fact that I will be driving down the 5 freeway and will stop by Gilroy outlets), I decided to post a little survey. But, it’s not any survey. It starts with the fact that the blogging community is just too darn supportive and amazing. Cheesy to say, but true.
So, earlier this week, two bloggers both nominated me for the Liebster Award. I would love to thank at PickyRunner and Hayley at RunningwithPumpkin for both being so kind and not only following my blog but nominating me for this. It has been a little over six months since I started this blog and it has helped open my mind up to so many new opportunities. Now, before the music starts to cue, I’ll get to business.
I have no clue who started it or when it started, but it has been passed around to thousands of bloggers multiple times. The word, “liebster” actually is used to express appreciation and gratification of someone. So what? Well, it really does show how much bloggin’ love is out there and how we all share similar interests and support each other in these interests. More often than not, those interests include: food, exercise, fashion, recipes, and food. Did you take a picture of what you ate today yet? Ok, moving on.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you
- Create 11 new questions
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post
- Thank the person that nominated you and tell the people you’ve nominated
Since I received it from two people, I will include the 22 questions below. Whoa, lot’s of fun random facts coming at you, please enjoy.
1. I lived in England for 2-3 years as a baby. My dad’s work for PWC took him there and we explored countless regions in the UK. Needless to say I don’t remember any of it and thus am planning to return there soon!
2. The only state I have lived in has been California
3. When I was little, I would name all my stuffed animals Fluffy. No idea why, but it made it easier to say goodnight to all of them.
4. I was a terrible sister when I was younger. Once cross-country season ended my senior year, her freshman year, things turned around and we are best buds, right Megnan 😉
5. I am a very extroverted person in situations when I don’t know anyone (or know I will never have to see them again), but can be very shy around people I know from school/classes
6. Brandi Chastain was my hero as a child. I watched her at the ’99 World Cup, met her at the Home Depot Center and met her again when I came to Santa Clara University. Today she recognizes me and it’s the greatest thing ever. 🙂
7. I am a sucker for sweets. You will have my attention at ice cream.
8. Have tried to give up sugar countless number of times. Yeah, that hasn’t happened.
9. I am an adrenaline junkie. I love trying new things for the first time and would love to one day go skydiving. Any takers?
10. I started running cross country in 10th grade and I swear it changed my life. I adored my teams (we had some rough patches) but running has taught me a lot.
11. My middle name is Jean, which are also my mom and grandma’s middle name and great-grandmother’s first names
Questions Asked of Me by RunningwithPumpkin
- What is your favorite holiday and why? I love the cheer of the holidays, hanging out with friends and family, going to parties, but hate the expectations, greed, and disappointment. I also love the warm weather of the spring and summer (then again So. Cal really only has sunny and warm Christmases. I have no clue what a White Christmas is).
- Stranded on an island – what 3 things would you want with you? Really long and juicy book (waterproof of course), water purifier (because I can’t go long without water), and my sister to chat, hang out, and explore with me 🙂
- What are the first 5 things you do when you wake up in the morning? Don’t judge. Check my phone and emails (sad to say this is #1), bathroom, water, medicine, work out
- Favorite meal of the day? – Breakfast but not the “classic” kind. Kaitlin style with smoothies, fruit, and yogurt.
- If you could only do one form of exercise the rest of your life, what would it be? Running. Please, I would be so happy if I could run every day not feel achey or pains in my legs.
- Who is your #1 role model? – I really cannot pick one. I admire numerous traits from the following: My mom, grandmothers, Aunt Katie, Aunt Annette, Liz, Meghan…why choose just one?
- If you could jump forward 10 years and have any career you want, what would be your dream job? Running a food/craft service (not sure if it would be something like cupcakes, bakery, etc.) maybe like Rachel Ray or Martha Stewart
- What is your favorite way to “splurge” and treat yourself with your money? – Probably a nice outfit from JCrew (on discount of course) or purse. I love shopping online…
- Are you an animal person? Do you have any pets or want any? Total animal person and dogs all the way. I will NOT become the cat lady. I was actually known to meow at my housemom’s cat in Barcelona. Kingo and I had an interesting relationship. I’m not sure if I am going to adopt from the humane society for my first dog, but would love a Labradoodle eventually.
- Would you describe yourself as an introvert or extrovert? Extrovert. I love (ADORE) meeting new people, talking about new things, making people feel comfortable.
Questions from PickyRunner
- Would you rather spend your money on food or clothes? – So tough…JCrew is always enticing, but spending money on food to bake and cook is equally enticing. Let’s go with JCrew and Trader Joe’s shopping spree. 🙂
- What’s your favorite holiday cookie? – I’m digging these peppermint bark bars I have been talking about. You know, it’s been ages since I went to a cookie exchange. Maybe I’ll get one going this month!
- When you’re angry or upset, how do you calm yourself down? – Work out while thinking through things one million times in my head, call my mom, and talk to my best friend. Usually by this time, everything has been solved.
- Do you have a favorite restaurant? – It varies. When I was younger, it was Islands. Now it goes between Aquis or Lemonade. Really, I just like trying different places.
- With foods that you don’t like, is it a texture thing or taste? – Hm, I think it’s taste. I just can’t stand octopus, shrimp, olives, and mushrooms. Ok, maybe it’s a texture thing too.
- How many alarms do you set to wake up? – One on my watch alarm. I am deep sleeper during the night, but it doesn’t take much to wake me up.
- Is your house/apartment/room clean or messy? – Clean, like OCD clean. I always have the dishes in the dishwasher and clothes are usually put back in their place.
- Chocolate or vanilla? – Vanilla bean for the win. It goes great with any toppings, but I could be enticed by a nice piece of fudge or chocolate mousse.When’s the last time you talk to your best friend? (Sitting next to her as I write this but probably this morning before I set off. If not definitely tonight)
- Do you like prefer flying or driving? – Depends on the situation. Driving across country? Not so much, put me on an airplane. But I adore driving myself places and am proud to say I am an L.A. driver. So watch out 😉
- How many cups of coffee/tea do you drink in a day? – It’s increased dramatically since I entered senior year. I start the day with a cup of coffee (although it ends up being a few sips) and then continuing to tea throughout the day.
My questions for you:
- If you could have any profession (regardless of training or how much you would make) what would it be?
- What’s your favorite movie of all time?
- What’s your go-to dinner recipe?
- If you could travel somewhere in the world, where would it be?
- Do you still talk to your friends from high school? How about college?
- Favorite flavor of ice cream?
- Did you play sports as a child?
- Favorite restaurant?
- Favorite TV show (past/present)
- Winter or summer and why?
- What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
I have decided to nominate the following lovely blogs (sorry if you have been nominated recently but you are truly that good!)
2. Brit’s Blurbs
8. Sweet Tooth Runner
9. The Hungry Runner Girl
10. Julie Goes Healthy
11. Sweetly Fit
Feel free to answer one or more of the questions yourself!
Just a tad bit excited. I have mentioned in the past that I will be taking on another little this year. I am indeed a senior, but since we had a significant amount of sophomores in the most recent pledge class, I thought I would grace one of them with my wonderful presence. Continue reading